Saturday, January 9, 2010

34. Last Day to donate to DuBose Porter Monday 10a.m.

     Between now and  Monday at 10 a.m. 
Your last chance to donate to DuBose
until after the session.
 When the gavel hits the podium Monday, January 11, 2010 it will signify the start of the legislative session. It will also begin the period during the session when DuBose  will not be able to raise money. It is against Georgia law for members of the General Assembly or State Constitutional Officers  to accept contributions when the Legislature is in session. There has been much discussion for DuBose to step down so that he could continue to raise money for the governor's race, however DuBose felt strongly that it was his duty and obligation to honor his oath of office. "To break a pledge I took with my hand on the Bible would not be something I would do," Porter said. " I am asking Georgians to put their trust in me. Honoring my commitments is part of who I am."

While you can not donate to DuBose after Monday morning at 10 a.m. and until the session ends you can donate now. Help us  pass the word and volunteer to join us as DuBose Porter works to bring the people's voice to their government.

Stay tuned to Team DuBose as we follow DuBose through the 2010 legislative session.

ShareThis